Natural gas is the cleanest and most environmentally friendly fossil fuel, producing 43% less carbon dioxide (CO2) than electricity derived from coal. The direct use of natural gas – in furnaces, hot water heaters, clothes dryers and kitchen stoves – can reduce the nation’s carbon footprint… not twenty years from now but today! When you use high-efficiency natural gas appliances, you reduce your carbon footprint by 65%.
Other reasons to choose natural gas:
- It’s clean… Natural gas is the cleanest of all fossil fuels which makes it the best energy choice for the environment — inside and outside your home.
- It’s domestic… 99% of the gas we use comes from North America — 84% from the U.S. Increased use of natural gas can reduce our dependence on oil imported from the Middle East.
- It’s economical… Natural gas appliances are virtually maintenance-free and that means additional savings.
- It’s efficient… When the entire cycle of producing, processing, transporting and using energy is considered, natural gas is delivered to you with a “total energy efficiency” of about 90%. Moreover, gas appliances and equipment are extremely efficient.
- It’s multi-purpose… It can heat your entire home, make your hot water, dry your clothes and help you cook your meals. New residential uses range from fireplaces and air conditioners to microturbines and fuel cells.
- It’s dependable… You never have to worry about weather, delivery schedules or running out.